Regular attendance at school is not only required by law but is essential to the learning process.
PARENT CONTACT WITH THE OFFICE IS REQUIRED when your child is absent. Please submit all doctor notes.
1. When a student has accumulated 4 absences in a marking period a letter will be sent from the office to
the parents informing them of their child's absence record.
2. If a student accumulates 7 absences in a marking period a complaint may be filed with the County
Prosecuting Attorney's Office or the County Truant Officer.
Middle School Expectations
Students are expected to follow five general rules in each of their middle school classes.They are:
1. Listen and be attentive when others are speaking.
2. Respect others and their property.
3. Be prompt and come to class prepared.
4. Speak respectively to others..no put-downs.
5. No gum chewing.
The consequences for not meeting these expectations are:
1. A verbal warning from the teacher.
2. Removal from the group.
3. Student phone parent.
4. Student meets with Mr. Hausbeck.
Individual teachers may find it necessary to alter or add to the lists. If this is necessary students are informed of the changes.
Class Trips & After School Activities
Students will have a number of opportunities for educational trips and activities.
A reminder to students that these trips are privileges and that your behavior in the classroom
is used to determine if you have earned this privilege.
We supply students with a variety of supplies. However, we do ask that each student
come to school with the following items:
(MIDDLE SCHOOL SUPPLIES)
1. Four 3-ring binders (1.5 inch or 2 inch)
2. A pocket folder for each class, unless binder has pockets in it.
3. Pencils (#2), pens (black, blue & red)
4. Pencil/pen pouch or container
6. Colored Pencils
7. 3 Brown Grocery Bags for Book Covers
8. An assignment notebook/daily planner will be provided...if lost the student must
purchase a new planner from the office.
If a family is unable to provide the necessary items, students should speak privately
All electronic devices including cellular phones must be turned off, kept out of sight, and may not be used during school hours.
Back to Top
The Johannesburg-Lewiston Middle School Mission Statement
The Johannesburg-Lewiston Middle School Staff provides a learning and social environment which bridges the gap between elementary and high school.
Our goals are to instill in our students responsibility and respect toward self, peers, and community. We will provide an educational environment which develops independent learners by teaching problem solving, cooperative learning, and organizational skills.
Please send a note to the office, in writing, if bus plans change, if you are picking up your child, or if your child is
attending Cardinal Club. All notes and/or calls MUST be in the office by noon.
Please date, add first and last name of student. Thank you!
The Lost and Found for K-8 grades is in the Multi-Purpose Room. Please check for lost items.
Johannesburg-Lewiston Middle School
Johannesburg, MI 49751
Back to Top